First, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving day in the US. It's actually tomorrow but I'm not going to be here. I'll be flying back to Jersey to celebrate with my family and friends so no more killing for a while (except for the Turkey).
So here's what I tried out in the codex so far:
- Asdrubael Vect - Good if you can afford the points. You're really paying for the 4+ to seize and the better Agonizer. His blast weapon definitely rocks if you can hit a chunk of units with it.
- Archon w/ the Huskblade, Soul Trap combo - Too many points to be worth it.
- Archon w/ SF, Agonizer - Great use of points right here.
- Succubus w/ Agonizer - Basically the same thing as the Archon, but cheaper points wise. You basically take her if you can't afford the Archon listed above.
- 10x Warriors w/ Blaster and Splinter Cannon - Great unit, a lot of anti-infantry shots and the Blaster shot from 18" makes it the DE's version of the Grey Hunter squad.
- 10x Wyches w/ Agonizer and Blast Pistol - Great unit so far. With the right combat drugs, you can tear a lot of things apart, even MEQ. Vs. GEQ, you will tear them apart without an issue.
- Wyches with Haywire Grenades - Not sure if they're worth the points yet because I plan on using Wyches for CC specialists and keeping things in combat. Haywire Grenades is 20pts in the wrong direction but it does increase their versatility.
- 4x Trueborn in a Raider - Great! They're really useful because you can't ignore these guys if you're running mech. I would definitely take them in a Venom if there's f'n models for these.
- Ravagers - Absolutely worth it with Night Shields and Flicker Fields. Adds a lot of firepower to your army and has the same slim profile as the Raider. Great for working around LoS, gaining cover and opening optimal fire lanes.
Things I would like to try next:
- The Duke - I gotta get this dude on the table with a big unit of Trueborn w/ Splinter weapons. The only sad thing is that I've seen what a blown up Raider can do to my guys so I'm really worried about the unit getting blown up for it makes its points back. For that reason alone, I might run him in a unit of Warriors to keep points down.. or better yet, baby sit some Trueborn in a Venom. Yeah, I don't know, but he looks really fun and cost effective.
- Voidraven Bombers - Looks great on paper. I would probably always hold these guys in reserve unless I'm not dealing with any long range firepower. I would also probably give them 2-4 Shatterfield Missiles so I can move 12" on the turn I come on and shoot missiles at whatever needs to die. Great anti-horde army and pretty good anti-tank. The only thing I'm worried about is the price. I can fill in a Succubus w/ Agonizer and a Ravager for the points cost of one of these bad boys.
- 20x Warriors w/ 2x Dark Lances in cover with FNP - In theory, this would be one of those units you want to hate but have to respect because no one takes dudes on foot anymore. With cover and FNP, these guys can act as insanely good backfield objective holders. The two Dark Lances gives me versatility to shoot at tanks and the intensity of rapid fire poisoned shots keeps troop units thinking twice before approaching.
- Wracks, I'll just proxy my Wyches - My friend Nick has been finding MSU Wracks to be well worth it. Since MSU Wracks work so well in Raiders, why not take full squads of 10? This is something I have to try out unless I'm taking 5-dudes that score in a Venom that's playing keep away.
- Haemonculi, proxying some WHFB models - With Wracks come Haemonculi. The Liquidfier and the Shattershard is the only thing I find worth it on these models. Oh yes, and the must-take Venom Blade imo. Wounding anything on 2s is a great way to inflict some cheap wounds.
- Venoms, I need my friend's Vypers for these - Hurry up and release models for these already. Shit.
Strategies I'd like to try:
- Using MSU units since my big squad of dudes get blown to shit if the Raider explodes
What you fellow Archons can do for me:
- Try these out and share your strategies, battle reports and results so I have something to read at my parent's place.