First, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving day in the US. It's actually tomorrow but I'm not going to be here. I'll be flying back to Jersey to celebrate with my family and friends so no more killing for a while (except for the Turkey).
So here's what I tried out in the codex so far:
- Asdrubael Vect - Good if you can afford the points. You're really paying for the 4+ to seize and the better Agonizer. His blast weapon definitely rocks if you can hit a chunk of units with it.
- Archon w/ the Huskblade, Soul Trap combo - Too many points to be worth it.
- Archon w/ SF, Agonizer - Great use of points right here.
- Succubus w/ Agonizer - Basically the same thing as the Archon, but cheaper points wise. You basically take her if you can't afford the Archon listed above.
- 10x Warriors w/ Blaster and Splinter Cannon - Great unit, a lot of anti-infantry shots and the Blaster shot from 18" makes it the DE's version of the Grey Hunter squad.
- 10x Wyches w/ Agonizer and Blast Pistol - Great unit so far. With the right combat drugs, you can tear a lot of things apart, even MEQ. Vs. GEQ, you will tear them apart without an issue.
- Wyches with Haywire Grenades - Not sure if they're worth the points yet because I plan on using Wyches for CC specialists and keeping things in combat. Haywire Grenades is 20pts in the wrong direction but it does increase their versatility.
- 4x Trueborn in a Raider - Great! They're really useful because you can't ignore these guys if you're running mech. I would definitely take them in a Venom if there's f'n models for these.
- Ravagers - Absolutely worth it with Night Shields and Flicker Fields. Adds a lot of firepower to your army and has the same slim profile as the Raider. Great for working around LoS, gaining cover and opening optimal fire lanes.