Monday, March 14, 2016

Been playing a ton of BFG lately

Beta is nice and all, but where the F are my Eldar?!

What can I say?  I've played over 30 hours of the game already and the beta came out last Thursday.  I won't write out a full review, but let's just say that I think the game is absolutely fantastic, minus the fact that I crash 9/10 times when trying to play multiplayer.  Yes, it's really that bad, the multiplayer in the game is extremely unstable.  Solo skirmish however, is completely fine.  This leads me to believe that there's something dreadfully wrong with the netcode.  Whatever it is, they better figure this shit out quick because the game comes out in 2 weeks.

The only downside with the game for me right now is that when ships die in multiplayer, they go under cooldown, meaning you can't use them again.  It's something like 2 games for a destroyed ship and 1 day for a heavily damaged one.  Then afterwards, another turn where you don't get crew exp, and sometimes your ship even gets lost in the warp so it can be delayed up to 3 games.  I think this mechanic is dreadfully stupid for multiplayer, but a very cool and fluffy mechanic for single-player.

Check out some of my gameplay videoes here.  I updated my Twitch channel is it's all Eldared out:
https://www.twitch.tv/lkhero

And of course, some cool highlights:
Let the galaxy burn!
One battleship vs. 3 cruisers
Exploring the AI and teaching how to play

Make sure to follow me on Twitch!  This is probably the only game I'll be playing for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment