|This is some stunning artwork.|
Here are some of the lists I think we'll see in Wave2:
- GenCon special, but upgraded with ISD-II, 3 Glads and a good amount of fighter cover.
- I think in general, fighter diversity will increase a lot: YT-2400s, Firesprays, and a lot more will take the field.
- You can take the current World'st list and just replace the CR90 with another Assault MKII. Imagine 8 A-Wing squadrons with 3 kited out Assault MKIIs with Ackbar throwing out extra red dice.
- There's going to be double ISD-II lists and maybe even double MC80. Although I don't think the MC80 will see as much play as the double ISD, there is going to be a lot of people trying out the fat ship strategy. Hell, you might even see 3 ISDs with Motti.. wouldn't that be fun.
- You will see the list that I've been developing: Ackbar's Whaling Fleet, or basically a fat MC80 and 2 fat whales.
- We will see Rhymerballs with Jumpmaster tech, TIE Fighters with Dengar, B-Wings with Independence, the list of combos and tricks goes on!
- That guy will definitely try 4x MKIIs with Ackbar, Gunnery Team, ECM and XI7s. You know its going to happen since the damage output on the list is murderous.
- There is definitely going to be ship swarm, taking Nebs, CR90s, MC30cs swimming around everywhere. What about a heavy Imperial Raider build? It's so crazy it might just work.
- We might see the end of ship-only builds or we might see the beginning of solo squadrons (e.g. my Darth Vader and Dash Rendar tech).
- Take everything that just discussed, and now think of it in a mirror match, blue vs. blue, Imperial vs. Imperial. Now the fun starts.
Overall, I think the safer bets are taking current builds and then adding on top of it. For example, the edited Worlds list with 3x Nebs with Ackbar and 6x A-Wings, Gallant Haven and Jan Ors is a very safe list to try first. Going out of the way and doing double ISD-II with say, 4x Firespray-31s can definitely work, but it's thinking slightly outside the box.
What kind of lists are you going to try first? Whatever it is, it's probably going to be awesome.