|Stare into the void.|
The rumors have been floating around the internet these days about DE are being confirmed by several sources around the world. Let's just say that it's not looking too good so far for the Dark Kin. That's a damn shame really.
I'm still holding off until I have the book in my hand, but nothing I read so far has been great. In short, if there's not drastic point decreases in all areas, I don't think DE will have anything going or them.
Check out the rumors here and here. Let me sum it up for you:
- Combat drugs offering stat boosts can be useless to decent. I would say they're worse than the current ones.
- Nothing looks great from the Warlord Traits.
- No ways to take troops outside of Warriors and Wyches.
- Raiders/Ravagers lose the ability to take Flickerfields. This is gigantic because this means they have no protection vs. Ignore Cover now. Even with a 5 points cost decrease, the 15 point Night Shields make them the same price they are now.
- This also means that Ravagers lose their ability to maintain fire and reap some kind of protection from Flicker Fields. They must hug cover at all times or continuously Jink.
- The Glaive thing that the Succubus gets is the only form of AP2 melee outside of Incubi. It's as if they never want us to kill SM characters.
- All the artefacts look subpar and generally not worth it. Most of the psychology-based stuff is wasted on ATSKNF.
A little disappointed so far, but I'll wait for the final book to do a full review.