|My Death Guard on the table.|
Well, the CSM codex is expected to drop in September and I'm happy to report that my Death Guard are ready to go. In fact, they're so ready that I placed an order today from FW to get more DGs. Right now, I have 35 built and ready: 4 of them are Champs w/ Fists, 2 of them have banners which might need replacing, 4 of them have Plasma Guns, 4 have Meltaguns and rest are Bolters.
I have to remake some of my Death Guard Terminators so they'll be ready for the new book. From what I read from the rumors, there are no Cult Terminators in the game. However, you are able to mix Marks and Icons on your units so they can potentially gain +1T and FNP. I really hope this rumor is true because that'll mean all the DG units I have will be well-represented on the battlefield.
One of the things that excites me the most is the ability to take allies with CSM. I'll be shifting heavy focus to the CSM codex once the book comes out so I can unlock the book's true potential. As for what kind of lists I'll make, here's what I plan on doing:
- Typhus or Chaos Lord w/ MoN (this really depends on who's the most cost effective choice)
- Zombies if I take Typhus as a huge unit of fodder (supposed Fearless, FNP and cause Fear)
- Death Guard Plague Marines (if the lord unlocks these guys as troops)
- Some regular CSM troops w/ MoN
- A unit of 7x Terminators w/ assorted combi-weapons, MoN and hopefully FNP
- As for heavy support, I hear Havocs w/ MoN will be back so I'll probably do that
- That reminds me, I'll probably need to buy an Aegis Defense Line..
- I don't think Oblits fit the Nurgle theme, but I need to find some cost effective AT options.
- Last, but certainly not least, I'll take Plaguebearers and Epidemis because the combo is just too good not to.
There are 3 rumors that really scare me:
- Plague Marines going up in price, but gain Poisoned Weapons. I'm not sure what this means, but if its 25ppm, I would be fine with that. If it's more like 30, they better be freaking godlike or else I won't be able to justify the points. And if the Poisoned Weapons mean Poisoned in shooting and in close combat, that's just utterly ridiculous.
- The second thing is the Chaos Lord with a specific mark being able to unlock "cult" units as troops (since they're going to be Elites). If this is not true, well, that freaking sucks because it means I'll have to take Typhus every game. What if I don't want to take Typhus and want to build my own Lord of Nurgle?
- The last thing is the Marks being meshed with Icons (if true); or rather if +1T and FNP on regular CSM will be most cost effective than Plague Marines. I'm a little worried how this will turn out because it's really up in the air how good or bad this can be. I hate the idea that units have to hold a stupid Icon, that once you kill that model you lose the FNP or whatever. That's just ridiculous.
Alrighty, it's time for me to ask some questions:
- What is the most cost effective and fluffy option for heavy support choices for Death Guard? Let's take some wild stabs in the air shall we?
- What kind of allies (outside of Epidemis) do you think will help Death Guard the most?
- What do you think about all the new CSM units? (check my last post for the actual rumors)
Did you guys know that Seekers of Slaanesh are one of the most underrated units in the game? 10 of them costs 170 points, but on the charge they put out 50 WS4 I6 S3 Rending attacks! Even though they are T3 and only sport a 5++, they have cavalry movement (12" move, ~7" charge), Fleet, have offensive and defensive grenades, and have Hammer of Wrath. With a combined threat range of 19" charge that's not slowed by terrain, they can murder entire squads of MEQ at a time if left unchecked. Talk about getting your money's worth.