Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Warhammer Fantasy lives on!

One day we'll see the High Elves of Ulthuan return..

Not through table-top, but through Creative Assembly and Total War: Warhammer.  Seeing WHFB disappear was probably one of the hardest things for me to go through as a hobbyist.  I started playing the game since I was 15 and had a lot of great memories picking up and starting my High Elves, to finally selling the last of the army once Age of Shitmar came storming in.  It still doesn't make sense to me why GW would destroy the WHFB hobby to introduce something new, when Total War: Warhammer is right around the corner.  Now all the PC gamers getting into the Warhammer universe will have nowhere to turn to to get their table-top fix.  What are they going to do?  Go buy Vampire Counts on the GW website?  Surprise!  And not in a good way..

Oh well.  Just wanted to let you know that I'm pretty much going to put BFG:Armada on the backburner and move onto Total War: Warhammer for the forseeable future.  This is pretty much the game I've always wanted, ever since Shogun 1 because Warhammer and Total War goes together like peanut butter and jelly.  You can read more about that here, in an article I wrote in 2013 before we ever saw the first trailer for TWW.  Now that CA has pretty much hit the nail on the head, I have no problem giving them some of my cash to keep the Warhammer memories alive.

Remember folks, Warhammer Fantasy Battles lives on, but through Creative Assembly.  Follow me on Twitch.  I will be live on the 24th streaming the hell out of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment