|40K lore and spaceships.. so good!|
Hey guys, not much from me in the last couple of days and I can explain. You probably know that I've been doing a lot of WHFB with my Skaven and Vampire Counts, but you probably don't know that I'm working on something on the side as well. I've decided to bring back a game that I hold most dear but haven't gotten around to playing for quite some time. That game is Battlefleet Gothic and I'm proud to say that I'm working on a houserules package for it.
What does this mean exactly? It means that I'm doing a re-write. Not a re-write in the sense that it's going to be a completely different game, but a re-write for this prehistoric game that will make it fresh, fast, modern, and exciting to play. For now, I'm simply calling it BFG2.0.
Let me tell you right now what my design goals are with this pet-project of mine:
- Modernize the old ruleset to match the current 40K system
- Improve game speed and fluidity by cutting dated design
- Introduce alternating player turns for more interactive gameplay
- Utilize visual gaming aids to better track board status
- Increase design space for future additions and game balance
I am definitely looking for playtesters for those of you who are interested! Just drop me an E-mail and when I'm ready for the next phase, I'll let you guys know.