Monday, September 22, 2014

40K: Dark Eldar comes out soon

This book better not suck.

One part of me is excited that Dark Eldar will get a new book, the other part is apprehensive because they're a tricky army to get right.  They exemplify what it means to be a glass-cannon army, and that can be really difficult to design in an atmosphere like Warhammer 40K.  I really hope that the design team gets it right this time around.

As for things I would like to see, it has to be either damage increased across the army, or the army gets cheaper.  It's really that simple:  More points buys you more units, which in turn buys you more guns.  Or better quality guns buys you more hurt.  I would be fine with any of these.  I'm not going to talk any more on this matter because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.  The latest string of 40K codexes have been pretty stale as the books seem to be streamlined at its core.  A lot of what was the previous Space Wolves and Grey Knights have been gutted for something much more simple.

I can only fear the worst for Dark Eldar, so I'm not going to make another comment until I get the book in my hands.  For better or for worse, I will be playing a few games with my favorite army of all time.  I pray that the Voidraven will be dropping large template bombs, because a small blast template as the "triumph of Dark Eldar weapons tehcnology" is a god damn joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment