Friday, October 4, 2013

Dark Elves: Brainstorm #1

Now it's time for Dark Elves..
Drawings by Aicanor

Let me breakdown and analyze what we have here in front of us:

2499
10 drops

LORDS:
Lv.4 Supreme Sorc, Tome = 245
Dark Magic

HEROES:
Hag BSB, Fencers, Cauldron = 335

CORE:
34x Witch Elves, FC, Razor Standard = 449
5x Black Riders, Shield, RXB, Mus = 110
5x Black Riders, Shield, RXB, Mus = 110

SPECIAL:
30x Executioners, FC, Eternal Flame = 400
4x RBT = 280

RARE:
5x Warlocks = 125
5x Warlocks = 125
K-dyss = 160
K-dyss = 160

Running as light as I can on lords and heroes so I can squeeze in the good stuff into the list while giving us enough shooting and chaff clearing so we can negotiate the board better. In this list, you will see Warlocks, RBTs and Black Riders as key units to kill, harass and destroy enemy chaff and warmachines. I haven't decided exactly what I want my Supreme Sorc to hold, but for the first couple of games, I'm going to take Dark Magic. It's one of the most exciting things about the book and I want to truly give it a few games before I rule it out for another lore. Since Dark Elves already have Dark, Shadow and Light in their arsenal, it's only a matter of time before I default back to trusty ol' Shadow lore.

Regardless, I'm packing a lot of points in the BSB section through the Hag BSB. She's chilling with Fencer's right now because WS10 will give her a little bit of protection while keeping her hitting hard with +1 attack. The Cauldron itself is pretty nasty since the current wording of the thing allows all models with Murderous Prowess within 6" of the damn thing to re-roll ALL wounds. That means those lovely 4x RBTs will be chilling hard next to my Witch Elves looking for targets prowling around the map. Once I'm happy that the board is mine and I control the movement phase of the game, I'll launch my army forward with Executioners, K-Beasts and Witch Elves. Constant harassment with Warlocks and Black Riders should buy me good time and help me win fights vs. other chaff. Warlocks are especially dangerous because they both come with Soul Blight and Doombolt, and because they're treated as Lv.2 Wizards, they can help channel and shoot off boosted versions of the spell. With a 4+ ward and not too shabby in combat, I think they're going to be popular choice vs. a lot of armies out there.

To key to this list is: Control the movement phase, win the chaff war, and crush everything with your main killing blocks + K-Beasts in support.  The biggest question would be:  What is the best lore to use in all-comers Dark Elves?  I always default to Shadow but I'm all ears!

3 comments:

radio40k said...

how much are corsairs and executioners now? ... and is there any comparison between executioners and white lions ... seems like executioners are way better thanks to their new rule of reroll 1s to wound

omens said...

The kharibdyss bonus attacks on come into effect if you target just one model and hit with all of your attacks on that one model.
I also wouldnt mind bettering the wound re-rolls from the cauldron will get faqed.

HERO said...

Corsairs are 9 base (+2 for extra hand weapon or handbow), Ex are 12.

Post a Comment