Saturday, May 8, 2010

Currently playing SF4


With the help from some friends at work and the Shoryuken forums, I'm currently rocking some SF4 Super with my man Dudley.  I finally got my lazy ass a TE stick so I can practice at home on my friend's XBOX.

I've never really played fighting games (SF4 is the first game in the SF series that I've touched), but I was really tired of getting my ass kicked at work.  Being coined the term "free" as in "free points" is not something I'm going to settle for.  As a competitive player, this simply cannot happen.  Right now I'm still working on my execution and bread and butter combos, but I think I'm starting to get a hang on the basics.  Considering SF4 is the first fighting game I've touched since MvC2, I think I'm doing alright.  My biggest problem in this game right now is that I'm not patient enough with Dudley.  As a character with no real ranged attacks and a little under the slower side of the spectrum, he's a pretty difficult character to get started with in Street Fighter.  Don't get me wrong, Dudley is an amazing character and has tons of damage potential, but he's one of those guys who can really shine or straight up suck.

A big shoutout to my friends at work for coaching me on how to play.  Thanks to them, I am learning how to maximize damage while preventing damage; which is pretty much what SF is on a fundamental level.  One thing that irks me a little is how sometimes button smashing randoms can beat me in the game.  Against a very good player, this probably wont happen because he'll be patient, but I find myself running head first into these scrubs.  I need to work on that.

Well.. I'm finally off hardcore OT so I should be able to post more.  Stayed tuned for tomorrows post on Warmachine and Cygnar.  I've gotten quite a few games in and I'm eager to share my experiences with you guys!

1 comment:

Shimmmy said...

From what I've heard Dudley is quite OP. High dmg, juggling... It looks like he beats Sagat.

Post a Comment